Free Benefit Resources from GuideStone Insurance Products and Services
Committed to Your Mission Even in Uncertain Days
Now, more than ever, your team wants assurance that their employee benefits are there for them. So please be assured that GuideStone® continues to monitor the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and is committed to providing you with the resources you and your team need to safely navigate this crisis.
GuideStone is here to serve your church or ministry during this crisis. Listen to this message from Insurance Director, Scott Charbonneau, as he shares news about a health plan relief option GuideStone is offering.
Coronavirus Testing and Treatment Fees Waived
Physician-ordered testing and treatment for the novel coronavirus will be at no cost to members in all of GuideStone’s medical plans through September 30, 2020.
Teladoc® Fees Waived
GuideStone is offering no-cost Teladoc visits for members in all of our U.S.-based Blue Cross Blue Shield plans. This includes HSA-qualified High Deductible Health Plans. This change is in place through December 31, 2020. Our friends at Teladoc are providing a helpful handout for you to share with your employees.
Get the Handout
We also encourage you to pass along these tips for using Teladoc during the COVID-19 outbreak:
- Plan for a longer wait: Unprecedented demand has resulted in longer-than-usual wait times. While Teladoc is taking steps to manage the increased traffic, wait times will continue to be longer than usual and will fluctuate depending on time of day and geographical location.
- Register in advance: Complete your registration and medical history by using the app or visiting the Teladoc website now. This will help expedite a visit request should one be needed.
- Enable all notifications: When you request a visit, turn on all notifications and provide both an email address and a phone number. This allows for optimal communication regarding your upcoming visit.
- Choose “first available” appointments: Due to the crisis, scheduled appointment availability on Teladoc is at maximum capacity. For fastest service, request a “first available” appointment to be placed in the queue.
- Opt for a telephone call: For the most efficient appointment requests, opt for a voice-only appointment. Teladoc has a much larger pool of physicians available to respond to these requests.
- Schedule in app or online: The most direct route to appointment requests is through the Teladoc website or mobile app.
Disability Coverage Includes Coronavirus
If your workplace offers GuideStone’s short- and long-term disability products — through our provider Unum — and covered employees receive a COVID-19 diagnosis that requires them to miss work, they will be covered. Normal waiting periods still apply.
Review Disability Coverage Information
General Information for Church and Ministry Employers
The U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, Office for Civil Rights, explains how employers can report coronavirus information while maintaining the individual’s HIPAA privacy rights.
Read the Update
Free Resources for Churches and Ministries
Designed specifically for pastors and ministers, we have compiled a list of FREE resources to help you keep your life and ministry moving forward.
View the Resources