A personal message from Susie and O.S. Hawkins:
Can you imagine the power of many thousands of good and Godly widows bombarding the Throne of Grace daily in intercession for the ministries of the Southern Baptist Convention?
Welcome to The Widows’ Might, one of the most spiritually dynamic ministries in our Southern Baptist Convention.
What is The Widows' Might?
Sponsored by GuideStone Financial Resources of the Southern Baptist Convention, The Widows’ Might is a powerful prayer ministry committed to:
- Daily prayer for the ministry of Southern Baptists around the world — from international missions to hometown churches to our denominational leaders.
- Daily prayer for the lives and families touched by these ministries.
Why was it created?
There is great power in prayer — and perhaps more than ever, the daily ministries of Southern Baptists need your prayer support.
Luke 21:1-4 is a beautiful tribute to a widow who gave two mites to the Lord’s works. Jesus praised her while others gave “out of their abundance. . . . she out of her poverty put in all the livelihood that she had.” Proportionally, her offering was far greater than the offerings of those of much higher standing.
Who can participate?
Throughout His ministry, Jesus showed exceptional tenderness to widows. He knew the trials and hardships they endured — yet they were, and always have been, a powerful force as a collective. There is widows’ might today in the power of prayer. This is not a duplication of other prayer programs but focuses on high-level and denominational needs on a timely basis.
How you can get involved:
To enroll, or if you have questions, contact Christi Smith by phone (214) 720-4646 or click here to email your name and address.
You will receive:
- The Widows’ Might resource kit to help you plan your prayer ministry.
- A replica of the widow’s mites that were sacrificially given as referenced in Luke 21:1–4 to serve as a visual reminder of your commitment.
- A beautiful print of The Prayer of Jabez.
- A Quarterly Call to Prayer, which will update you on the prayer needs of our Southern Baptist ministries.
Thank you for joining us in The Widows’ Might. It promises to be an incredible journey for the thousands of us who are committed to the priority of prayer.
Susie and O.S. Hawkins
P.S. The Widows' Might prayer requests are updated quarterly, so we invite you to bookmark this site and visit often.