The Church Retirement Plan
A 403(b)(9) Retirement Plan
Prepare for a comfortable retirement with a retirement plan designed for ministers and any employee receiving W-2 taxable income. Read on to learn more or enroll now.
Let time work for you.
If your video does not download, right click the download button and select "Save Link As..." or "Save Target As..."
The plan is open to anyone who receives W-2 taxable income from a church, church-related school or association. This can include full- or part-time ministers, office personnel, musicians, church-school teachers or any other staff member.
Potential Tax Benefits
All earnings on contributions and rollovers are tax-deferred. Following are additional tax benefits that may be available to you:
- Ministers may be able to designate retirement benefits as a tax-free minister’s housing allowance within legal limits.
- Employer contributions are not subject to Social Security or income tax at the time of contribution.
- Tax-sheltered participant contributions are not subject to income tax until distributed.
- Tax-sheltered participant contributions by ministers are not subject to Social Security tax.
- Earnings on Roth elective deferral contributions can be withdrawn tax-free if conditions are met.
Numerous Types of Plan Contributions
- Participants can make tax-sheltered, after-tax or Roth elective deferral contributions.
- Employers can make a tax-sheltered contribution on behalf of their employees.
Enroll over the phone: 1-888-98-GUIDE (1-888-984-8433) Monday–Friday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. CST.
Questions? Email us
or call 1-888-98-GUIDE
(1-888-984-8433) Monday–Friday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. CST.