MB Foundation partners with GuideStone Financial Resources
In partnership with MB Foundation, GuideStone is excited to offer a unique retirement plan for church staff members. The plan is offered as part of MB Foundation's commitment to a secure retirement investment platform for churches, pastors, staff and missionaries and is now available to all churches in the Mennonite Brethren church community.
GuideStone is one of the nation's largest providers of employee benefits and financial services, working with 36,000 churches and nearly 600 ministries to offer retirement plans customized to help employees reach their individual financial goals.
Who is eligible?
- Employees receiving taxable income from a participating Mennonite Brethren church.
- Contributions can be made by the employer, employee or both.
- Salary-reduced contributions can be made as tax-deferred or Roth.
What are the costs?
- There are no costs to the local church for participation and no required minimum contributions.
How to get started?
- The church contacts Dixie Beard at 214-720-4661.
- GuideStone will provide the church with the appropriate forms to establish an account.
- The church completes the Participating Employer Information form and the Participating Employer Agreement form and returns to GuideStone.
- The church will use the Employer Access Program to enroll and remit contributions for employees.
- Values-Based Investments: GuideStone sponsors the nation's largest Christian-screened mutual fund family — GuideStone Funds — which provides you with socially responsible investing options that align with your values.
- Ministers' Tax Benefits: GuideStone offers a 403(b)(9) church retirement plan, allowing distributions as housing allowance in retirement for employees who qualify as Ministers for Tax Purposes.
- Personalized Services: GuideStone's team of personal financial advisors is available to deliver customized advice to participants, including asset allocation, contribution planning, gap analysis, Social Security maximization and more. GuideStone's Customer Service Center of trained specialists is also available by phone, email or chat Monday through Friday between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. — allowing for secure, knowledgeable conversations.
- Targeted Educational Resources: Informative and timely employee resources are available via webinar, newsletter or by accessing a personalized MyGuideStone™ account.