MB Foundation Partners with GuideStone
In partnership with MB Foundation, GuideStone® is excited to offer a unique retirement plan for church staff members. The plan is offered as part of MB Foundation's commitment to a secure retirement investment platform for churches, pastors, staff and missionaries and is now available to all churches in the Mennonite Brethren church community.
GuideStone is one of the nation's largest providers of employee benefits and financial services, working with 36,000 churches and nearly 600 ministries to offer retirement plans customized to help employees reach their individual financial goals.
Who is eligible?
- Employees receiving taxable income from a participating Mennonite Brethren church.
What kind of contributions can be made?
- Contributions can be made by the employer, employee or both.
- Salary-reduced contributions by the employee can be made as tax-deferred or Roth.
What are the costs?
- There are no costs to the local church for participation and no required minimum contributions.
How to get started?
- The church contacts Kent Gayle at (214) 720-2153.
- GuideStone® will provide the church with the appropriate forms to establish an account.
- The church completes the Participating Employer Information form and the Participating Employer Agreement form and returns them to GuideStone.
- The church will use the GuideStone Employer Access® Program (EAP) to enroll and remit contributions for employees.
- Faith-based investments: GuideStone sponsors the nation's largest1 faith-based mutual fund family — GuideStone Funds® — which provides you with investing options that align with your values.
- Ministers' tax benefits: GuideStone offers a 403(b)(9) church retirement plan, allowing distributions as housing allowance in retirement for employees who qualify as Ministers for Tax Purposes.
- Personalized services: GuideStone's team of personal financial advisors is available to deliver customized advice to participants — including asset allocation, contribution planning, gap analysis, Social Security maximization and more. Plus, GuideStone's Customer Solutions department of trained specialists is also available by phone or email Monday through Friday between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. CT to assist you in secure, knowledgeable conversations.
- Targeted educational resources: Informative and timely employee resources are available via the GuideStone Learning Library or an employee's personalized MyGuideStone® account.
1As of June 30, 2020, GuideStone Funds has $14.2 billion in assets, which makes GuideStone Funds the nation's largest faith-based mutual fund family. No other faith-based fund family exceeds GuideStone Funds in asset size.
You should carefully consider the investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses of the GuideStone Funds before investing. A prospectus with this and other information about the Funds may be obtained by calling 1-888-GS-FUNDS (1-888-473-8637) or downloading one. It should be read carefully before investing.